Newbie Leon owner...mpg?

Dannyprice1989

May 7, 2019
Hi Peeps

On Saturday just gone I purchased my first ever Seat Leon ST FR 1.4 eco tsi, more than happy with it all!

Probably been asked before but what do people get mileage wise to the tank? I drove 85 mile back from picking it up and it used 1 bar of fuel, since then I’ve put a full tank in and drove 60 miles and the gauge is still showing 8 bars (full) I’m not complaining but I’m surprised how economical this car is and I’ve came from a Ford Focus 1 litre eco boost and this Leon looks like it’s going to wipe the floor with it with MPG I’m starting to think my fuel gauge isn’t working!

Preferable answers from 1.4 eco tsi owners.
Thanks

Dannyprice1989

May 7, 2019
Also...has anyone ever towed with one? I’m thinking of getting a folding camper soon maybe one that 750kg...in the book it says it can cope with 1500kg but just wondered what it was like real world towing?

Reactions: Boroboy

'Little' John

Oct 12, 2018
I used to get about 42mpg from mine (5dr, pre-ACT) - up to 52/3 mpg on a long run at motorway speeds. Should be good for 420-480 miles on a tank depending how much you like to play fuel light bingo.

Dannyprice1989

May 7, 2019
I used to get about 42mpg from mine (5dr, pre-ACT) - up to 52/3 mpg on a long run at motorway speeds. Should be good for 420-480 miles on a tank depending how much you like to play fuel light bingo.

Oh wow that’s good, I used to get about 250 miles per tank in my 1 litre ecoboost! And that was a 55 litre fuel tank. I’m loving this car even more.

Rooster

Oct 27, 2018
Yorkshire
Welcome, i have the same model, it's a great mix of practicality, power and economy as well. I find the fuel gauge bars seem to go out quicker as the tank gets lower but i keep an eye on the range in the display. I have had a lot of cars over the years, but i think this is definitely one of the best i've had, enjoy.

'Little' John

Oct 12, 2018
Oh wow that’s good, I used to get about 250 miles per tank in my 1 litre ecoboost! And that was a 55 litre fuel tank. I’m loving this car even more.
It may depend on how heavy your right foot is as well :) I wonder if the introduction of the WLTP figures will sound the death toll to excessive downsizing. Those tiny engines seem to give great test economy figures which can't be replicated in the real world.

Dannyprice1989

May 7, 2019
Welcome, i have the same model, it's a great mix of practicality, power and economy as well. I find the fuel gauge bars seem to go out quicker as the tank gets lower but i keep an eye on the range in the display. I have had a lot of cars over the years, but i think this is definitely one of the best i've had, enjoy.

Thanks for the info. I’m so shocked how powerful it is for a 1.4, I’m going to reset the miles every time I fill up and see how many miles I get per tank, it does make sense that the further the lights go down the quicker they go out because it seems so unrealistic nearly 70 miles now and still showing 8 bars!

Reactions: Boroboy and Rooster

Dannyprice1989

May 7, 2019
It may depend on how heavy your right foot is as well :) I wonder if the introduction of the WLTP figures will sound the death toll to excessive downsizing. Those tiny engines seem to give great test economy figures which can't be replicated in the real world.

I drive quite economically, I’m never speeding really because I’d lose my job if I got caught speeding! Lol I’m hoping the small engines turbos don’t disappear as I’m loving them, I think people assume you can floor them and still get 50mpg out of them. It depends how you drive them in my opinion.

Boroboy

Apr 28, 2019
I've owned my 2016 1.2tsi (108), dsg Leon now for around 3 weeks now. I've averaged 48mpg from it so far, mixed driving style. 40% town, 40% b roads, 20% duel carriageway. Anything over 45 I'm happy. I don't consider myself to be an aggressive driver mind, do have my moments. Well as fast as you can go within a 1.2. Speed is not priority now mind.

Reactions: bigT's lcr
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members