Air con

Jul 21, 2019
Hi everyone new to this forum.
I have a issue with my air con, had it tested as was blowing hot air kwik fit had car for the day and found my air con compresser at fault wanted nearly £600 to replace. Managed to source new and fit I have had car re gassed and still the same but a little bit colder my next step is the air con pressure sensor could some one help with location and if its strait forward. I have no access to vag.com so have to self diagnose my self.
My car is seat leon mk2 2.0 tdi refrence

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
You've been to a better garage than Kwik Fit right?? Those morons are completely useless.

Who gassed the system? Did they do a proper leak test first to make sure it's not just the condenser?

Jul 21, 2019
I had a mobile air con guy look and he said compressor wasnt engaging so he advised to change the compressor which we done, I did only try and re gas with with the kit you buy in halfords.
Fitted new compressor and re gassed and I dont see any dip in revs when I turn on a/c
So that's why i was thinking it's now the sensor as I fitted a brand new compressor.
Am I lead to believe the pressure switch tell the compressor to run

Jul 21, 2019
Update had car plugged in on vag.com
Only fault showing is

Any ideas were to start with this

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190725-162718_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20190725-162718_Samsung Internet.jpg
    906.4 KB · Views: 96
Jul 21, 2019
Compressor is brand new so that should rule out the the valve (n280)
And as for the fuse I cant locate a fuse box diagram the manual is a bit vague

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
Compressor is brand new so that should rule out the the valve (n280)
And as for the fuse I cant locate a fuse box diagram the manual is a bit vague
The manual is often different to the fuse box fitted to the car, well mine is anyway

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Jul 21, 2019
Haynes manual has a fuse location but has more than 1 item being controlled think its reverse sensor and 1 other, will try check more in the morning

Jul 21, 2019
Well made progress today started from scratch only to find out the new aircon compressor which euro supplied wasnt correct for my seat. So had it swapped for correct one, re scanned on vag after and same fault but was 010 now so I checked the plug was ok started to check cable and found a damaged section so replaced cable, re scanned and fault cleared.
I purchased a can r134a from halfords and filled up system now my aircon is blowing about 8 degrees.
Does any one know if me filling up system is ok or must I get it done at a garage read something about vacuum the system.
Also how cold should aircon be

Israar

Dec 8, 2014
Dudley
Well made progress today started from scratch only to find out the new aircon compressor which euro supplied wasnt correct for my seat. So had it swapped for correct one, re scanned on vag after and same fault but was 010 now so I checked the plug was ok started to check cable and found a damaged section so replaced cable, re scanned and fault cleared.
I purchased a can r134a from halfords and filled up system now my aircon is blowing about 8 degrees.
Does any one know if me filling up system is ok or must I get it done at a garage read something about vacuum the system.
Also how cold should aircon be

I'd get it checked properly with the machine, at least then you can have it leak tested and have the right amount of gas put in, only cost me £40 to have mine re-gassed. =)

I've got to tackle a few things though myself, not sure if I have compressor clutch gone, will be getting it checked for a manual activation on Saturday to rule things out as I want to get the A/C running sweet! Or at least finally have working A/C aha!

Sorry to be cheeky but could you let me know what your compressor was (the right one) just for reference for myself please? Also would it be possible to get a picture of both the engine and cabin fuses as by the looks of mine I might be missing fuses that should have been in haha! I may be wrong though, just want to see whether you have fuses where I don't and to compare it to the fuse website @Bedlam mentioned (thank you mate really appreciate this link!)

Would you also be able to post an image on the cable that was at fault so I can check mine too? Really glad you have cold air blowing from the vents now though! :)

Saying this, I re-read yours is the 56 plate right? Mines a 2010 FR so most likely yours won't apply to mine? :doh: Not sure how cold A/C should be either but I know a few people who have topped up with the cans from halfords although most would rather go to a garage and have it done with the machine, the latter would be my preference :)

--Lee

Jul 21, 2019
My compressor in the end is one fitted to Audi will find part number later.
Euro just checked my reg and came back with 3 types the 1st was wrong dunno about other 2.
Think mine is 1ko820803s
I had my air con leak tested few weeks back but I'm thinking for peace off mind to get it checked over again as I think it should be below 8degrees will have a weekend off though this aircon will be the death off me

Israar

Dec 8, 2014
Dudley
Ah yeah, I think when I checked the compressors on there last year back when I was looking at them I'm sure it was 3 shown for my reg too, I'm not sure what my compressor is but I'll see if I can get the information from it when I go to the garage on Saturday try to take a picture for reference and when I get back on the the RR :)

Don't blame you taking the weekend off though as I can understand your point with that, what cable was it that you replaced if you don't mind me asking?

Would be nice to have cold air blowing though for sure, will make safari trips all the better for myself and the kids! :D

--Lee

Jul 21, 2019
It was the cable that goes to compressor for some strange reason it had been rubbing against the fan even though it wasnt that close to fan only 1 cable was damaged I just tidied up and soldered bit off wire in and then pulled the cables back with a cable tie.
I'm guessing there was enough in the good cable to get a reading.

Israar

Dec 8, 2014
Dudley
Thank you mate I'll have to take another look at it, I did measure the volts a long time ago on all them plugs and that plug was something like 5.3v, it was an old thread a guy was testing all his too and he stated what they should read, I'll try to find the link later and add it here so could be that my cable is out too. Worth a shot anyway xD

At garage now but not sure if I'll get chance to jump on it as got a few jobs on as it is (wasn't a book in for mine just a pop down to be seen if he gets chance if not another day :)) though if the compressor engages manually that eliminates compressor itself which I hope is in good shape and not dead haha! Thanks again though for posting :)

--Lee

Israar

Dec 8, 2014
Dudley
Hey guys, just wondering, the pressure switch that's on the A/C pipe how do you take it off? Is it a spanner job off or do you pull it out? Tested the compressor with a power probe earlier today and the clutch activated although still wasn't blowing cold, gas was full and no leaks, new pressure switch was ordered and came in though needed to crack on with a few other jobs as it was proving a pita to take off the pipe with the pressure switch on and using a spanner on the pressure switch part made it look like it was going to snap the pipe?

So just want to make sure that you use a spanner to get the pressure switch off or whether you just unplug the clip, then pull out the pressure switch? Saves taking off the entire front end tomorrow if it is just a pull out job :D

Also, that thread I was going on about previously Marc is this one here: The aircon saga continues...

Thanks in advance everyone! :)

--Lee

Israar

Dec 8, 2014
Dudley
Thanks mate, eventually gathered as I found a video showing what the sensors are like, but thank you for clarifying :)

Couldn't get chance today to get at it, so will have to leave it for now as going up north soon so will try to get on it next week :)

--Lee

Jul 21, 2019
Had car in for regas today in kwik fit all seemed ok till I went to pay and was shown a small leak on the system at the low port on the valve was told this could affect my pressure. Is this valve a easy replacement
Even though I have just checked and no bubbles but when kwik fit showed me there was a few bubbles from the valve.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.