Dial repair

paradisiac82

May 12, 2017
Cornwall
Hi,

Is there any way to easily repair the screen on the dials as mine is missing numbers, without replacing the whole thing as I believe that would need coding in
20190721_191419.jpg

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
I've never done it, but was interested in whether it was possible, so had a look around and found this thread.

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/how-to-change-leds-in-dash-cluster-pic-heavy.372125/

It looks like you can replace most of the parts on the dash, and I imagine it's a matter of finding a replacement part (in your case the led display) and then removing the old one and soldering in the new one. The tricky part though is bound to be finding one of those led displays - I can't find anything on google. Sometimes calling up the dealer can help - my local one is pretty good at finding random and obscure parts...

paradisiac82

May 12, 2017
Cornwall
Thanks :) I did find if i tap/push the dials more/less shows so I'm hoping it might be a loose connection so will check that first. I think the right hand side is pretty generic isn't it, it's the left with the mpg, mph etc that's different?

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Thanks :) I did find if i tap/push the dials more/less shows so I'm hoping it might be a loose connection so will check that first. I think the right hand side is pretty generic isn't it, it's the left with the mpg, mph etc that's different?

They're both pretty different units, aren't they? The one on the left is the more complicated, but the right hand one still has your service reminder etc. It does sound like a loose connection though rather than failure - which I'm sure is better news! Would be good to know how you sort it...

paradisiac82

May 12, 2017
Cornwall
They're both pretty different units, aren't they? The one on the left is the more complicated, but the right hand one still has your service reminder etc. It does sound like a loose connection though rather than failure - which I'm sure is better news! Would be good to know how you sort it...

Cable is all tight so dont think it's that. Think I might have to find some cheap ones and get them programmed

Reactions: iammooks

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Cable is all tight so dont think it's that. Think I might have to find some cheap ones and get them programmed

If it helps, it doesn't sound like you're the only one who's had this problem. Whenever I hear about a Leon problem, I do a search for a Golf Mk4 with the same thing, and came across this: https://uk-mkivs.net/topic/52418-lcds-on-dash-corrupt-the-fix-thread-with-images/

Sucks that it's an old thread - can't see any of the pictures they're talking about, but it might come in handy.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.