MY19 & Easy Order to MY19 & Easy Offer

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
So why when checking my exact confirmed build spec did Seat UK just tell me my car is being built with Seat Sound?
i have no idea. I was not privy to the conversation and have not seen the specification of the original order placed by your supplying retailer.

If you are saying you didn't order it but do ultimately get it then great, what a bonus. Personally, I would be asking to see a screenshot of the order in SLI once it has confirmed for production before believing it, but that's just the cynic in me.

The information provided by SEAT UK (posted by me in this thread) followed up by a webchat with the product team at SEAT UK in whch it was specifically asked why SEAT Sound/Beats Audio is no longer available is the only official source I have, and until I see anything official to contradict it I am taking everything I read on here with some skepticism.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
If you are saying you didn't order it but do ultimately get it then great, what a bonus. Personally, I would be asking to see a screenshot of the order in SLI once it has confirmed for production before believing it, but that's just the cynic in me.

I can echo this as it worked out the other way for me earlier this year, when my original Cupra 300 order turned up it was missing options. Mistakes can be made.
Hence the reason I'm waiting again.

I'd contact them again and get them to confirm - you may just be one of the lucky ones :)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
I can echo this as it worked out the other way for me earlier this year, when my original Cupra 300 order turned up it was missing options. Mistakes can be made.
Hence the reason I'm waiting again.

I'd contact them again and get them to confirm - you may just be one of the lucky ones :)

Hopefully I will be one of the lucky ones, but I’m kinda of the opinion (like Scrogg) that I’ll believe it when I see it. My supplying dealer will be contacting Seat UK to confirm what I’ve already mentioned and will discuss what’s going on.

Reactions: Lmbarrett83

Jose Antonio

Jul 30, 2018
Hi everyone! Thanks in special to @Scrogg for sharing all these informations to us. :)

I have just a question about WLAN:

In that post (https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/amazon-alexa.442331/) there was some discussion about a possible "WLAN as default" for every Leon produced starting on august 2018, even with the standard navi.

In the second page of this thread, It was said that WLAN would be somehow postponed to MY20. That made me kinda sad because I think WLAN in cars has huge potential (Android Auto is becoming wireless, Apple Carplay too, the whole Alexa thing and so on).

So well, today Ive found the following article https://www.seat.com/future-today/move-and-live.html which based on google was published/edited today with the following text:

How can I get Amazon Alexa for my SEAT?
If you own an Android device, simply download the SEAT Media Control with Amazon Alexa app from the Google Play Store. To set up the app on your Leon or Ateca, use your Navi System Plus produced from June 2017 or later. You can also set up the app on your Leon and Ateca with Navi System, and Ibiza and Arona with Navi System + WLAN option, all produced from August 2018.

Also the following article is interesting:
https://www.pocket-lint.com/cars/news/amazon/145285-seat-rolls-out-amazon-alexa-to-its-card

So yeah, could somebody bring some light in this topic?

Thanks again!

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Hi everyone! Thanks in special to @Scrogg for sharing all these informations to us. :)

I have just a question about WLAN:

In that post (https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/amazon-alexa.442331/) there was some discussion about a possible "WLAN as default" for every Leon produced starting on august 2018, even with the standard navi.

In the second page of this thread, It was said that WLAN would be somehow postponed to MY20. That made me kinda sad because I think WLAN in cars has huge potential (Android Auto is becoming wireless, Apple Carplay too, the whole Alexa thing and so on).

So well, today Ive found the following article https://www.seat.com/future-today/move-and-live.html which based on google was published/edited today with the following text:

Also the following article is interesting:
https://www.pocket-lint.com/cars/news/amazon/145285-seat-rolls-out-amazon-alexa-to-its-card

So yeah, could somebody bring some light in this topic?

Thanks again!
From what I understand the hardware wasn't shipped with the MY18 cars without Nav high.

Anyone with Nav high could maybe test now though.
Obviously requires WLAN in the car (see attached)

Once the standard MY19 cars are available. Someone will hopefully report back :)

Lots of new rumours recently.

This one probably deserves it's own thread tbh

291fa808559c4ecd2e97769a4906e7c3.jpg
08e755815f4b827cfa0ba11c4c75b154.jpg

bca668206661e76542e8cd4dacf40c92.jpg
12124d576a8d6cad0020063a9d68bca6.jpg
e2b5fb61b7e54b8b8fb34919ec960c9b.jpg

*Edit - created a new thread so as not to clutter this one

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index....l-with-amazon-alexa-available-working.445698/

Last edited:

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
???any ideas when we can order ateca fr sport and what are the lead times?
October/November/December depending on engine.

Latest Order Lead Times entry shows 10-12 weeks for Ateca + 12 weeks for FR Sport but I'm not sure how they have worked that out on a version that isn't open for ordering yet.

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
Has the 2.0tdi 4drive been removed from the FR/Sport? Thanks again
2.0 TDI 150 4Drive manual has been deleted from the Ateca range completely.

From November/December ordering opens on 2.0 TDI 150 2WD, 2.0 TDI 150 DSG-auto 2WD, 2.0 TDI 150 DSG-auto 4Drive and 2.0 TDI 190 DSG-auto 4Drive.

If you want a 2.0 TDI 150 4Drive manual there is loads of stock of MY18 FR and XCELLENCE built and available from importer stock at UK port.

And what is the price difference between FR and FR sport in the Ateca.
Like-for-like on engine it's about £1,400

Tabsy

Jun 6, 2018
I love the fact that we now have the 2.0 TSI 190 as an option for the Leon ST. The Cupra is an awesome car, but too much for my needs. The 1.8 TSI is also a great engine, but the extra Torque that the 2.0 TSI will provide should be a real sweet spot. When will figures be released for 0-60mph times etc?

contrem

Jul 24, 2018
Hi Scrogg. I ordered a Seat ateca 1.4 Xcellence in April (still waiting for build date). Dealer has confirmed that it will be coming with the 1.5 engine, but nothing else yet. I specifically ordered the xcellence because of the leather interior, but that only seems to be available on the lux now. My question is...can leather be done out of the factory (I.e. when it gets to the UK) or is it likely that I’ll get a lux instead?

Maxloafer

Apr 1, 2018
East Yorkshire
Hi Scrogg. I ordered a Seat ateca 1.4 Xcellence in April (still waiting for build date). Dealer has confirmed that it will be coming with the 1.5 engine, but nothing else yet. I specifically ordered the xcellence because of the leather interior, but that only seems to be available on the lux now. My question is...can leather be done out of the factory (I.e. when it gets to the UK) or is it likely that I’ll get a lux instead?

When it was said MY18 options would be manually added it means manually added to the order at factory and then built, not manually added by the dealer once the car has been built. That’s how I understand it anyway, correct me if I’m wrong

seaotter388

Jun 9, 2018
The staff at your dealership are clearly idiots.

MY19 FR is exactly the same as MY18 FR other than convenience pack becoming standard. Rear camera was standard on MY18 FR and is standard on MY19 FR.

Just downloaded the August pricelist for the Ateca and the rear view camera is showing as not available on the FR or FR Sport, it is only available on the Xcellence and Xcellence Lux.

Last edited:

Mr_Blibby

Aug 5, 2018
Was about to order an Ibiza xcellence, for the leather interior, but thats now cloth, so would have to be the Lux, but just spotted it now only comes with 17" wheels with 45 profile tyres instead of the 16" 55 - so that's a non starter for UK potholed roads - looks a great car, but pity you cant get top Lux spec with comfortable wheels/tyres....Ford did same with titanium X spec, but soon reverted to 50 profile tyres, hopefully Seat will do same....

Last edited:

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
Glad i got mine a few months back as i wouldnt been able to spec most of options now

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
We have now had confirmation from the product team at SEAT UK that the winter pack is indeed now standard on Leon CUPRA (no, I still don't know whether cars ordered as MY18 without it will automatically get it) and the rear camera has been deleted from the standard specification on Ateca FR.

More on the discrepancies/typos in the MY19 price lists as-and-when I get answers...

stressfree

Jul 26, 2018
Thank you for sharing lots of info Scrogg, but I still do not understand why not make the reversing camera standard on top ish spec cars, especially as you cannot get it as an option. I imagine it only cost a few pounds to add it at the factory, but gives another convenience feature and sways potential buyers towards SEAT, lots of competition have them as standard.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.