Checking Cupra VIN

Silver Fox retired

Oct 3, 2019
Carlisle Cumbria
No problem we all like to try and help where we can.

Thanks to @Tell who is our guru for all thing to do with Navigation

Yes, that's the standard mib1 / 2 test.

https://www.seat.com/owners/my-seat/navigation/map-updates.html

Please follow these steps to check your SEAT Leon Navigation System: Press the “NAV” Button > Confirm the “Setup” > “Version information” selection on the display.

Check the first text line in "Version information". If the first three digits are 6P0, your system version is the "Navi System - 6P0". If not, your system is the "Navi System Plus".

5F it's a mib1 unless it's where this year's I've said use the All Europe file for mib2 never released for Seat, then it too will say 5F. But for an old car with an SD card that's how you check. 6P mib2, 5f mib1 unless a new all Euro map imported which isn't populated with s Seat part number. Those are the card part numbers it shows

Hope that helps
It says installed SW train version
MST2-EU-SE-ZR-P0245T

Hardware version
5QA035858

Software version
H25.14.78-STD2Nav-EU

Guide model

But because I’m dyslexic I went to that website you said and had a look but it didn’t seem to have the model I have and I’ve had my car serviced the last three times at the local seat dealer
And I don’t think that they would even look for updates because they are not very good At communicating anything back to you but they love to take lots of money from you
My car has only done 2500 miles

Deleted member 103408

I am sure you are MIB1 Which means currently if you want to update your maps then you have to buy a new SD Map Card and then pay the Dealers to pair it to your car.

I have never used a main dealer on my car but I would not expect them to advise you that you can update your maps and to be honest I am not sure they would automatically update any other software unless you asked for it but that may be incorrect.

I cant check this out today but give a couple days and i will just confirm what version you have.

Reactions: Silver Fox retired

Silver Fox retired

Oct 3, 2019
Carlisle Cumbria
I am sure you are MIB1 Which means currently if you want to update your maps then you have to buy a new SD Map Card and then pay the Dealers to pair it to your car.

I have never used a main dealer on my car but I would not expect them to advise you that you can update your maps and to be honest I am not sure they would automatically update any other software unless you asked for it but that may be incorrect.

I cant check this out today but give a couple days and i will just confirm what version you have.

I don’t do that much travelling really these days as you can see by my very low mileage on a four-year-old vehicle I’ve been having a look at some of the feeds that people have got on here saying that they are doing modifications to their vehicle I would love to put a digital cockpit in but I don’t know what else would need to be done on the vehicle as well other modifications to make it work

I would like to thank you very much for all of your help
It is very much appreciated

Silver Fox retired

Oct 3, 2019
Carlisle Cumbria
I don’t do that much travelling really these days as you can see by my very low mileage on a four-year-old vehicle I’ve been having a look at some of the feeds that people have got on here saying that they are doing modifications to their vehicle I would love to put a digital cockpit in but I don’t know what else would need to be done on the vehicle as well other modifications to make it work

I would like to thank you very much for all of your help
It is very much appreciated

My iPhone 6 Plus plugs into the dashboard and goes on Apple CarPlay and I can pull up my music and maths and everything from my phone just by pressing the steering wheel
But I really love my car the last two cars I have had also been seat cars

Deleted member 103408

@Silver Fox retired sorry its taken so long been tied up on other things.

Instructions as per @Tell

Turn your radio unit on and select the NAV Button.
On mine as I have the proximity sensor put your hand near the screen and the menu items will appear

select the bottom middle option (SETUP)

This will bring you up a menu list scroll down to the bottom of the list looking for option Version Information

Screenshot 2019-10-05 at 11.03.55.png

Then click on this and you will see the following screen

Screenshot 2019-10-05 at 11.04.06.png

If the version number starts 5F like mine then its a mib1 unit if it is 6something then MIB2.

If as i suspect you have a mib1 unit then current we believe that you have to buy a new SD Card (lives in the unit located in your glove box) and get the dealers to link it to your car.

Hope that helps.

Silver Fox retired

Oct 3, 2019
Carlisle Cumbria
@Silver Fox retired sorry its taken so long been tied up on other things.

Instructions as per @Tell

Turn your radio unit on and select the NAV Button.
On mine as I have the proximity sensor put your hand near the screen and the menu items will appear

select the bottom middle option (SETUP)

This will bring you up a menu list scroll down to the bottom of the list looking for option Version Information

View attachment 10379

Then click on this and you will see the following screen

View attachment 10380

If the version number starts 5F like mine then its a mib1 unit if it is 6something then MIB2.

If as i suspect you have a mib1 unit then current we believe that you have to buy a new SD Card (lives in the unit located in your glove box) and get the dealers to link it to your car.

Hope that helps.
I’ve just sat in the car with the iPad on the dashboard and followed your instructions I didn’t even know that that button was there at the middle but when I’ve gone through it all it reads as follows

6P0919866

ECE. 2015/16

Thank you very much for all of your help at least I know from this it is what it is now with the 6.5 inch screen

Attachments

• 69DBC556-5CC2-4095-B645-DD6171446723.jpeg
    69DBC556-5CC2-4095-B645-DD6171446723.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 105

Silver Fox retired

Oct 3, 2019
Carlisle Cumbria
I’ve just sat in the car with the iPad on the dashboard and followed your instructions I didn’t even know that that button was there at the middle but when I’ve gone through it all it reads as follows

6P0919866

ECE. 2015/16

Thank you very much for all of your help at least I know from this it is what it is now with the 6.5 inch screen
But if there is an update available I wouldn’t have a clue how to do it at this time

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
But if there is an update available I wouldn’t have a clue how to do it at this time

You have an MIB2 unit and there is a Sat Nav update (and possibly a firmware update to) which can be done by yourself. I’m on my iPhone so can’t link in the thread. Maybe @theoldboy or @Tell would be so kind as to detail the thread for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silver Fox retired

Oct 3, 2019
Carlisle Cumbria
You have an MIB2 unit and there is a Sat Nav update (and possibly a firmware update to) which can be done by yourself. I’m on my iPhone so can’t link in the thread. Maybe @theoldboy or @Tell would be so kind as to detail the thread for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m not very confident to do it at might have to try and see if there’s any other lads With knowledge and that would maybe come and help me or I could go to theirs and they could help me do it

I’m not too sure I don’t understand some of your message because you’re using letters rather than full words I think you said did I have my phone number

Deleted member 103408

@Silver Fox retired no he is not after your phone number

Firstly have a read of this thread https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/sat-nav-sd-card-question.444067/page-2#post-4774102 it also links to the main thread that fully describes how to update the maps but I would warn you if you are nervous doing this sort of stuff don't do it just in case.

As @Maypack said you have a MIB2 Unit which is good and there are many updates you can apply but you need to be confident in computer work.

With regards to others helping if you just start a separate thread saying anybody in my area (just give big town name) can help update maps and see if anybody can help.

I also saw you wanted to know how to upload pictures onto the site have a read of this https://forums.seatcupra.net/index....externally-and-uploading-to-the-forum.446438/

Tell

Staff member
The most detailed foolproof ones are here

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/navigation-system-updates.388586/page-91

posts 1809 / 1810... I added an additional note.

Basically the "workaround" is credited to Exciter and should be followed along the lines of the VW notes. The method is an adjustment to that. Whilst people say do this with your overall.nds file they neglected to say the other stuff that keeps you on track which is what posts 1809 / 1810 do which includes the VW guidance note instructions plus the reboot to avoid SVM errors.

Latest files date to June on that link. There will be the update in November. I post those up on that thread and also on the Ateca side. They are released across VW / Skoda and Seat sites. Seat is always late so best to get them via the links or you pick a Golf 7 standard mib 2, Discover Media. All navigation file releases for the standard system are all identical across the Vag brand. The SSD plus unit ditto, except Seat are shipping a quarter back and you can't use that in any case if you haven't got Mapcare or a retrofit unit. Although we're talking about the standard unit.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members